sureynotblogbanner2

Monday, June 20, 2011

Before and After: Drop Cloth Chair Cover

I was anxious to use drop cloth for some chair covers.  I liked the cloth bleached and so found a "recipe" to do it.  I'll share more on that later.  I bought the chair from a yard sale and was planning on reupholstering it to re-sell.  Rob likes the chair and my drop cloth job was my first one (thus it didn't turn out perfect) and so I am keeping it.  To be honest making the chair cover was difficult.  I have refinished a couch before and that seemed easier.  When I did the couch I took it apart and used the fabric pieces as a pattern.  Doing the cover was a bit of guesswork.  Especially with some of the curves over the back of the chair.  But I wanted a removable cover since the fabric is now white.  I was originally planning on using piping on the chair.  I would have had to cover the piping and the project was taking longer than I wanted so I just skipped that part.  I am so glad it is finished and I really like how it turned out.  The chair is really inviting to me now.  Miss Mustard Seed gives great tutorials on making a cover, that's where I got the idea to use the drop cloth.

Before:  After:The back:
 
The back didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped.  Oh well, better next time.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment