sureynotblogbanner2

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sofa Chair Redo with Drop Cloth How To

I have wanted to reupholster my sofa chairs for a very long time.  I decided that I couldn't put it off any longer.  Especially because a hole wore through the cushion fabric.  I also was very tired of making sure the arm chair covers (that I had made) were on the chair.  Why worry about keeping them covered? 

 
Yah, that's why.




 
                        BEFORE                                                             AFTER

I really like how it turned out.  Definitely more my style.  The "before" chair is actually a photo of the second chair that I need to refinish (I will start on that today).  The one I have finished was the worst of the two.  

How I did it:
~ I used natural colored drop cloth.
~ I took apart the chair, mostly stapled.  I used a flathead screwdriver and pliers to remove the staples.
~ I used the pieces as a pattern for the new fabric.  I marked on the old fabric pieces where they went and the direction so that I wouldn't be at a loss when I went to put the new stuff on.
~ I reused the zipper (on the cushion), cording, under cover for the bottom panels and the cover under the bottom of the chair.  I am all about reusing all  I can.
~ The only parts I had to sew were the cording, cushions and front section of the chair.  The rest was stapled.
~ I didn't do a step by step tutorial because this is a descent one here.

I will post more photos when both sisters are complete. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment